The trans-personal planet Uranus enters the sign of Taurus on May 15th of 2018. Uranus is known for its technological genius, innovative ideas, and great capacity to surprise. Uranus breaks down matter - sometimes the things we think matter most - in an effort to liberate us. Taurus is a sign of security, endurance and willingness to work for wealth. Taurus embodies values and the stable ground we gain with them. In Taurus for about 8 years, Uranus will be teaching us some major lessons about our sense of security, especially when that sensibility is rooted in material resources. In this workshop we will:
- Explain some basic astrological principles and the significance of Uranus in Taurus
- Locate the part in each of your charts that contains the sign of Taurus and examine how Uranus in Taurus will personally affect you
- Teach and lead you in movement exercises designed to help you understand, enjoy and push past your comfort zones
- Engage in writing and sharing exercises that teach you about your relationship to your expectations and values
- Offer self-care practices you can use to help you find stability in moments of extreme uncertainty and rapid major change
**This workshop is co-taught by Hannah Cullen of Cullen+Them, an intergenerational performing arts organization making socially conscious work and building empathetic community. Hannah Cullen is a social activist and lifelong choreographer whose work utilizes speaking and movement and oscillates between highly physical and highly pedestrian with the goal of bringing an honest human experience to the stage.